| Welcome to Baby Signs® by Tina C. in Austin, Texas!
Welcome to the exciting adventure of learning to sign with your baby or toddler. This is a unique bonding experience that not only lowers stress for both you and your little one, but research shows this early communication improves your baby’s speaking vocabulary later.
After extensive checking, I found this program to be the best for teaching babies to sign. After all, this program was created by the experts and pioneers of baby sign language Dr. Linda Acredolo and Dr. Susan Goodwyn. To see more on the research behind this concept, click on For Parents - Research on the Baby Signs® website homepage.
In 2009 I became an Independent Instructor for the Baby Signs® Program and am serving Austin, and the surrounding areas in Texas. I have a B.S. in Business Administration and over 10 years of training from Austin Sign Language School. Austin has been my home for almost 20 years. Through volunteer work I've continued to use my sign language skills and greatly enjoy using them in this capacity as well.
Nothing thrills me more than being able to work with parents and their babies to improve their ability to communicate with each other long before the baby can articulate words. Babies understand what their parents are talking about and the world around them at a very young age and with sign they can show you what they are thinking! Join other parents and babies in my upcoming classes and find out what it’s all about!
Independent Certified Instructor
and On the Grow™ Educator
Tina with Dr. Linda Acredolo (left) and Dr. Susan Goodwyn (right)
receiving the Outstanding Instructor Award 2011 - 2012
at the Baby Signs® Instructor Conference in Las Vegas, NV
Leave a Video Testimonial
If you have a webcam and would like to share your experience with the Baby Signs® Program click on the button below.
Click here to see a video review of the My Baby & Me Class now being taught.
Fees for Classes and Workshops
• Parent Workshop - $60.00 (includes Parent Kit) - Childcare available for small additional fee at two north Austin and one south Austin location. (Please call ahead if you will need childcare).
• Sign, Say & Play® Classes - $150.00 (includes Sign, Say & Play Kit) - parents and babies attend
six weekly classes (45 min.) and learn basic signs from themes like mealtime, bedtime, bath time, etc. Weekly handouts include helpful ideas for signing at home and what to expect as babies move from signs to speech. Best for babies at least eight months and at least sitting up on their own.
• More Sign, Say & Play® Class - $150.00 (includes kit) - same as first class but more advanced emotional development topics and six new themes of signs (feelings, safety, outside, etc.). Toddlers should know a few signs and be a little older for this class (14 - 20 mths).
On The Grow™ Classes
• Rumble Tumble Tummy Time - $50 - four-week series (45 min. each week) - For babies 2-6 months old to learn fun activities to help them spend the right amount of time on their tummies for appropriate development.
• My Baby and Me - $15 - One-time, 45-min. class to help child (2-5 years old) adjust to new baby (expected or up to 6 mths.) in the family. Class includes activities, songs and crafts to help them in this new role as older brother or sister.
See "On The Grow" tab for more classes for older toddlers and children up to five years old.
• Promotional Presentations and Story Time Presentations are FREE.
• Potty Parties are also FREE and can be scheduled at your home or next mommy meet-up!
(Ready to potty train and want to switch to cloth diapers to do it? Here's help!)
Also, contact Melinda Caubarreaux of Green Leaf Baby to find out all the cloth diaper options available now.
Check the CALENDAR tab to see what's scheduled then contact Tina at 512-814-0004 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
• Xplor of Austin - 7906 Anderson Mill Rd.
• Heartsong Music - 2700 W. Anderson Lane, Ste. 320
• TOYBRARY Austin - 7817 Rockwood, Ste. 101
• Crenshaw Athletic Club - 5000 Fairview Dr.
• Velocity Music Academy - 2301 S. Lakeline Blvd., Ste. 200
• The Goddard School - 1905 El Salido Parkway
• Blooming Pregnancy Spa - 5601 Brodie Lane, Ste. 640 (Sunset Valley Shopping Center)
• Barre3 Studio - 115 Sandra Muraida Way, Ste. 103 (at Lady Bird Lake)
• Barre3 Studio - 12800 Hill Country Blvd., Ste. G-100 (Hill Country Galleria)
Download order form to register for workshop.